|Click on picture to go to Clancy's Blog and the list of participants.|
Thank you to Clancy for coming up with this great idea! Here's one of my all-time favorite writing exercises:
- Pick a random novel off your shelf
- Get your notebook ready
- Let the book fall open to any page
- Copy out the first full sentence on that page
- Take a deep breath, sharpen your pencil/open your pen
- Off you go, continue on from that line and write for at least a page or a set amount of time.
I came up with this one myself on one very rainy day. I hope it helps! Now I'm off to see what everyone else uses to get their juices flowing...